Church / Core Values
12 Core Values
“[To] give every man, woman and child the opportunity of understanding the gospel and to provide a church where they can grow in ministry for the glory of God.”
Our statement of Faith and what we believe is as follows:
1. We believe that the Bible (i.e. the Old and New Testaments excluding the Apocrypha, which are texts of questionable authenticity), is the inspired Word of God, the infallible, all sufficient rule for faith and practice.
2 Tim. 3:15-16 | 2 Peter 1:21
2. We believe in the unity of the One True and Living God who is the Eternal, Self-Existent “I AM”, Who has also revealed Himself as One being co-existing in three Persons – Father, Son and Holy SpiritDeut. 6:4Mark 12:29Matt 28:192 Cor. 13:14
We believe in the Virgin Birth, Sinless Life, Miraculous Ministry, Substitutionary Atoning Death, Bodily Resurrection, Triumphant Ascension and Abiding Intercession of the Lord Jesus Christ and in His personal, visible, bodily return in power and glory as the blessed hope of all believers.
Isa.7:14 | Matt. 1:23 | Heb. 7:26 | 1 Pet. 2:22 | Acts 2:22, 10:38 | 2 Cor. 5:21
Heb. 9:12 | Luke 24:39 | 1 Cor. 15:4 | Acts 1:9 | Eph. 4:8-10 | Rom. 8:34
Heb. 7:25 | 1 Cor. 15:22-24, 51-57 | 1 Thess. 4:13-18 | Rev. 20:1-6
3. We believe in the fall of man, who was created pure and upright, but fell by voluntary transgression.
Gen. 1:26-31, 3:1-7 | Rom. 5:12-21
4. We believe in salvation through faith in Christ, who, according to the Scriptures, died for our sins, was buried and was raised from the dead on the third day, and that through His Blood we have Redemption.
Titus 2:11, 3:5-7 | Rom. 10:8-15 | 1 Cor. 15:3-4
5. This experience is also known as the new birth, and is an instantaneous and complete operation of the Holy Spirit upon initial faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
John 3:5-6 | James 1:18 | 1 Pet. 1:23 | 1 John 5:1
6. We believe that all who have truly repented and believed in Christ as Lord and Saviour are commanded to be baptised by immersion in water.
Matt. 28:19 | Acts 10:47-48 | Acts 2:38-39
7. We believe in the baptism in the Holy Spirit as an enduement of the believer with power for service, the essential, biblical evidence of which is the speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
Acts 1:4-5, 8, 2:4, 10:44-46, 11:14-16, 19:6
8. We believe in the operation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit and the gifts of Christ in the Church today.
1 Cor. 12:4-11, 28 | Eph. 4:7-16
9. We believe in holiness of life and conduct in obedience to the command of God.
1 Pet. 1:14-16 | Heb. 12:14 | 1 Thess. 5:23 | 1 John 2:6
10. We believe that deliverance from sickness, by Divine Healing is provided for in the Atonement.
Isa. 53:4-5 | Matt. 8:16-17 | James 5:13-16
11. We believe that all who have truly repented and believe in Christ as Lord and Saviour should regularly participate in Breaking of Bread.
Luke 22:14-20 | 1 Cor. 11:20-34
12. We believe in the bodily resurrection of all men, the everlasting conscious bliss of all who truly believe in our Lord Jesus Christ and the everlasting conscious punishment of all whose names are not written in the Book of Life.
1 Cor. 15:22-24
2 Thess. 1:9